This is the story of
The LIVINGWAY EDUCATION TEACHER CENTRE
HISTORY OF LIVINGWAY EDUCATION
Conference/workshop in LILONGWE—MALAWI 2012 For an update click here
LIVINGWAY EDUCATION held their first workshop and conference for Christian teachers under the heading of “School and the Kingdom,” from 27-28th August 2012 in Lilongwe at the Church of the Nazarene. It is hoped that the lessons learned from this workshop will enable the leaders to make informed judgments as to the future needs of Christian teachers.
LIVINGWAY EDUCATION organized workshop for local leaders : March 2013
LIVINGWAY EDUCATION organized a literacy workshop for teachers at Ngodzi : June 2013
LIVINGWAY EDUCATION bought land at Chitipi on which to build a teachers center. March 2013 – June 2014
LIVINGWAY EDUCATION will open a five bedroom guest house and conference facility to be opened June 2014
Part 2 Our Vision:
1 – LWE is a Christian teachers’ organisation promoting high standards in academic subjects. It will initiate social action through Christian service.
2 – LWE will create a supportive network of Christian teachers who can discuss and share their task of teaching from a Christian perspective.
3 – LWE seeks to bring Christian teachers together through networking, workshops and conferences.
4 – LWE will conduct research into the practice of education from a Christian Perspective.
5 – LWE is developing a philosophical basis from which to build a curriculum which honours God and empowers both parents and teachers to fulfil their responsibilities towards the children they have been entrusted with.
We are now hoping to make contact with Christian teachers in government and private schools who would like to contribute to the programme of activities.
There are many issues Christian teachers need to be clear about from a faith perspective and the more they are able to share their experience and develop their ideas the greater the likelihood is that the education they provide will be constructive and transformative.
We trust that there will be opportunities to assist those who are designing curricula from a Christian perspective as we wish to build schools that will that will provide the skills, attitudes and spiritual values consistent with biblical teaching. In this way LIVINGWAY EDUCATION will partner with communities in the construction of a better world for children.
Part 3 Our Aim:
- promote excellent education and impart Christian values through social action and Christian service.
- support activities that will lead to a greater understanding of matters relating to faith and the task of teaching,
- encourage a practice of education that is inclusive, hospitable and transformative.
LIVINGWAY EDUCATION hopes to develop:
- Annual workshops
- School based seminars
- Curriculum investigation and design
- Prayer and counseling service
- A programme of Inclusion and respect creating equality and empowerment
Part 4 Our Method:
- Formation of local groups of teachers
- Work with media to encourage awareness of activities
- Network with other Christian groups in order to minimize duplication and to enhance programme success.
- Research into teaching practice from a Christian perspective.
- Construction of a teachers’ Centre from which to base activities in the central region.
- Bringing volunteers to share experience and work with teachers in the schools
See updates on the progress of this project HERE
- Aiming to inspire teachers with the Gospel Message of Jesus Christ to follow the principles of the Kingdom of God in their schools.
- Encourage teachers to speak about education at LWE events and take leadership roles in curriculum design and development.
LIVINGWAY EDUCATION invites you to join us as we reach out to encourage and inspire teachers.